The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012) places substantial legal duties on those responsible for Asbestos Management and Removal. Whilst the requirements for locating and assessing asbestos can be addressed by engaging experienced UKAS accredited consultants, the requirements for arranging necessary maintenance or removal works are far more extensive and complex.
Ayerst Environmental Ltd., help our customers to overcome these challenges by providing a mechanism to confidently procure high quality, legally compliant asbestos maintenance and removal services from our approved list of HSE licensed contractors.
Ayerst have successfully sub-contracted Asbestos Removal on behalf of its clients for many years.
Our processes for assessing the credentials and performance of the service providers to attain approved status with us includes checks for: HSE licenses, statutory health and safety notices and prosecutions, insurances, training, accreditations and certifications, industry memberships, competency and qualifications of staff, financial status, management structure, key personnel and geographical capability.
These checks enable the customer to appoint Ayerst to manage the whole process on your behalf to include:
- Planning and project design
- CDM services including Principal Designer and Principal Contractor
- Production of a detailed specification
- Management of the tender process
- Appointment of the chosen Service Provider under formal subcontract arrangements
- Management of the works through to completion, including onsite inspections, analytical work, Certificate of Reoccupation and auditing to monitor contractor performance
- Provision of a comprehensive completion pack including waste consignment notes.
Adding value and reducing risk
Using Ayerst to procure asbestos removal and manage the works on your behalf provides the following benefits to your business:
- Ayerst facilitates the process and manages the supply chain, enabling your staff to focus on your core business objectives
- Using one supplier reduces your supply chain footprint, minimising administration
- A competitive tendering environment for a ‘like for like’ service requirement, minimising the risk of fee variations and hidden costs
- Reduced risk of non-compliance by initial and ongoing technical appraisal
- Ayerst manages and insures all the risks associated with the asbestos removal and abatement process